Saturday, February 2, 2013

our first wait

This week has been my first taste of the waiting game and I'm not very crazy about the taste. I had my preconception appointment with my obgyn on Monday. As soon as I told her that my sister had been diagnosed with compound heterzygous mthfr, her change in demeanor really scared me. She wanted me tested right away and even said we should use condoms until we find out the results. The test results will be in at the beginning of next week. I've been trying not to think about it, but it's been at the back of my mind all week. These test results could make a big difference in our experience ttc as well as during pregnancy.

It has been really helpful for me to keep myself in a positive frame of mind. I've told myself and my husband that even if we did learn I have it too, it's not the end of the world. So I might have to take a baby aspirin every day or get shots of Lovenox in my stomach like my sister. (This will reduce the risk of miscarriage-causing blood clots.) But at least we'll KNOW exactly what the issue is and how to treat it. That's way more than many women out there ttc can say.



No comments:

Post a Comment