Monday, March 4, 2013

the little (tmi) things

I mentioned earlier that now that I’m off hbc, I’m noticing things that never happened when I was on hbc and that I missed when I was younger. We got all of my meds figured out and I got in to the swing of taking (or trying to remember to take) 6 pills a day.  Up next? Continuing to track all of my visible symptoms to narrow down my ovulation window since I’m not temping my bbt. Ignoring Danny’s laughs, I was still noting symptoms in my tracker app. I’m totally a scientist. Totes. According to the last period I had logged, the last week of February were the green days in my app when I was apparently “most likely to ovulate.” [Side note, this totally sounds like a really bad senior superlative from high school.] The green days approach and I think my ewcm (egg white cervical mucus, hey I warned you this was tmi) is coming in! This is a sure sign of healthy and primed baby making ovulation!

On my darkest green day, the “you’re seriously ovulating right now” day, I had excellent ewcm and even facial blushing. The facial blushing is an odd new phenomenon that, according to Dr. Google, can be caused by the surge in hormones during ovulation. My face gets all red and hot to the touch like I’m super embarrassed or have a sunburn. It lasts about half a day. We’ll have to see if this happens again next month. If so, it’s totally going down in the tracker app as a legit symptom and yet another odd thing for me to be happy about.

I was so excited for these new developments. Danny totally doesn’t get it. But then again, he never understood why I was so hyper-sensitive about my new found ability to ovulate. Women worry. It’s what we do. The “what if I don’t work?” question is always looming on the horizon for us. Since he didn’t want to share in my new-found enthusiasm over bodily fluids, I turned to the subreddit TryingForABaby and posted about it. The ladies there understood and were very sweet and supportive. Even if we weren’t keeping our ttc plans a secret, my ewcm is not something I’d be keen to share with family or friends, so it’s nice to have this alternative outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment